YouTube has become the playground of digital marketing giants. This is not very surprising, considering the fact that YouTube is the second biggest Search Engine right now.
But with digital marketing giants come trolls, wannabes, and frauds. So, how do you filter and find the best marketers to follow?
That is exactly why I wrote this blog.
Without further ado, let us jump right into our top 15 list of marketing experts to follow on YouTube.
Neil Patel’s YouTube channel comes up with a TON of content. From announcing cool new plugins to offering simple and sound marketing advice, Neil does it all.
What can you learn from Neil’s YouTube channel?
- SEO: Neil is one of the entrepreneurs who made SEO cool. Get powerful, actionable tips on how to do your website’s SEO the right way.
- Content Marketing: Content creation is one thing. Marketing that content is an entirely different ball game. Learn how to leverage content to build a business from Neil.
- CRO: Conversion Rate Optimization is possibly one of the most happening topics in digital marketing nowadays. Get quick wins to make that online traffic convert faster.
- Email List Building: List building is usually a part of CRO these days, but Neil provides excellent advice on how to get things done.
- Entrepreneurial Advice: Starting up a new business? Maybe you should listen to the entrepreneur who bought Ubersuggest for $250,000 just to see how it impacts his traffic!
One Sentence: Pure, unpretentious marketing advice from an experienced marketer.
Everyone even remotely interested in online marketing has heard of Brian Dean’s Backlinko. Brian Dean is without a doubt, one of the finest bloggers out there. He is also one of the few bloggers to have generated as much buzz with a single author (himself).
And then, there is Brian’s YouTube channel – BacklinkoTV.
What can you learn from BacklinkoTV?
- On-Page SEO: What factors on your webpage play into ranking on Google? Learn first-hand from Brian Dean. These free tips will spare you a ton of hassle and wasted effort.
- Off-Page SEO: Want more people to link out to you and share your work on social media? Learn how to do it using Brian’s own unique methods.
- YouTube Marketing: Is your YouTube channel suffering from ‘No Views Syndrome’? Check out BacklinkoTV for tips on how to improve your YouTube search rank and traffic.
One Sentence: Pocket-friendly ways to generate a ton of traffic to your website.
Meet Gary Vaynerchuk – serial entrepreneur, venture capitalist, public speaker, and bestselling author.
GARYVEE is Gary’s YouTube channel which has generated over 1.8 million subscribers. Do you honestly need any more convincing with this channel?
What can you learn from GARYVEE?
- Marketing: If you are looking for a YouTube channel purely dedicated to marketing, this is the place to be. From budgeting to strategy – all you need to know in one place.
- Life Advice: The life of an entrepreneur is not an easy one whichever way you slice it. Gary will tell you about his life and his challenges so that you can take inspiration.
One Sentence: A YouTube channel that digs deep and resonates with you.
Content Marketing Institute
Ever heard the phrase, “Content is King”? Content Marketing Institute takes it to the next level by offering some of the most incredible content marketing strategies you could think of.
The CMI YouTube channel is just as awesome as their blog. They have a TON of content that should help you get started with your own strategy. You can also see a lot of really great guest speakers who offer personal insights.
What do you get to learn from the CMI?
- Content Creation: There is a definite art to creating content. Not just the writing – knowing exactly what to write about as well.
- Content Curation: Sharing content created by other people is called content curation. Curated content is one of the best ways to improve your marketing channels.
- Content Promotion: Once you have viable marketing channels to share your own content, start promoting it. CMI videos are the perfect place to take notes on promos.
One Sentence: Content Marketing at its finest explained in a simple, palatable way.
It does not matter if you are new to marketing or a seasoned veteran. It does not even matter if you are calling yourself a Growth Hacker or an SEO or something else. Sales are one of the most important aspects of a business.
While Dan Lok’s YouTube channel is not strictly meant just for marketing advice, the sales techniques that he shares will help you a lot.
What do you learn from Dan Lok’s YouTube channel?
- Lead Generation: You will learn how to find fresh leads for any service or product. These tips will lay into your content as well as your broader marketing strategy.
- Lead Nurturing: Learn from live videos how you can train your sales team to nurture leads and create powerful sales funnels.
- Lead Closing: There are a hundred ways and tactics to close your leads. Watch Dan Lok personally distill the essence of lead closing and how to deal with different clients.
One Sentence: The ultimate selection o tutorials on how to give your entire business a serious boost.
HubSpot – pioneers in the art of sales, marketing, and workflow automation. Is there anything that you cannot learn from them? Truth be told, not really. While their CRM is quite expensive, it comes with a huge list of tools and certification training that is a fine investment.
Unlike Dan Lok’s channel, which shows you how to close leads practically, HubSpot’s YouTube channel deals more with the philosophies and principles of inbound marketing.
What can you learn from HubSpot’s YouTube channel?
- Inbound Marketing: Why chase after your clients when you can make them come chase you? That is HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing philosophy.
- Sales CRM: One of the primary mission statements of HubSpot is to provide a ‘seamless end-to-end consumer journey’ Learn how to align your sales team to support your marketing team.
- Workflow Automation: Every company starts to see some management issues once they start honing leads. Workflow automation using HubSpot’s techniques can help you manage more efficiently without being completely mechanical.
One Sentence: HubSpot allows you to manage your business methodically without being mechanical.
Over the years, SEMRush has had contests, promos, Twitter chats, and brilliant content. Not to mention the fact that their SEM tools are simply awesome.
But one of the most powerful tools in SEMRush’s arsenal? The SEMRush YouTube channel.
What can you learn from the SEMRush YouTube channel?
- Using SEMRush: This might seem like a letdown, but trust me – as far as Search Marketing tools go, it rarely gets better than this. Knowing how to leverage SEMRush to the fullest is not a bad idea.
- Industry Expert Opinions: SEMRush organizes live YouTube sessions with several guest speakers from different areas of marketing. Be the best by learning from the best.
- Marketing Ideas: SEMRush does some really unique videos on formulating marketing ideas and how you can approach it practically.
One Sentence: Rush in and subscribe to SEMRush now because they only keep growing.
If there is any tool out there that blows even SEMRush away in terms of Search Marketing, it is definitely Ahrefs. What if I told you that the creators of this awesome toolkit will teach you how to make the most of it for free on YouTube?
Ahrefs TV is a delightful blend between a Brian Dean video and a SEMRush video. Do we recommend diving in? You bet!
What can we learn from Ahrefs TV?
- SEO for Beginners: New to Search Engine Optimization? Tune in to Sam Oh and learn how to get started from scratch.
- Ahrefs Tutorials: This goes without saying, but YouTube is a marketing channel for Ahrefs. So, there WILL be Ahrefs software tutorials. Are they worth it? DEFINITELY.
- Data-Driven Marketing: Ahrefs makes a living out of collecting and using data. So, when they use their data to teach you how to market better, listen closely!
One Sentence: One of the most engaging and binge-worthy channels on marketing.
Starting from his daily vlog to simple and actionable business tutorials, Dere Halpern will take you on a journey that will help you sell more.
What can you learn from the Social Triggers YouTube channel?
- Entrepreneurial Advice: Starting from how to price your products and services to use the profits constructively – this channel has it all. No wonder the channel has 83k subscribers on YouTube!
- Snack-Sized Tutorials: Busy with a lot of things at the same time? No problem. Keep learning with Derek’s snack-sized tutorials that focus on one thing at a time.
- Negotiation Tactics: Social Triggers is one of the best places to learn the art of persuasion. Using simple psychological tricks, you can sell at the price that YOU want.
One Sentence: Learn how to make your business boom using simple social triggers to sell.
The 22-year-old millionaire Ricky Gutierrez shares his secrets to making money. Pay close attention as he shows you how to make money without going the conventional route.
Penny stocks, day trading, cryptocurrency, real estate, binary options, affiliate marketing, Forex, reselling, online sales – if these things sound interesting to you, this is the channel to watch.
Investing your money prudently is one of the most important parts of growing a business and making money. Using the expertise of this young, but brilliant man you can easily ramp up your marketing game.
What can you learn from Ricky Gutierrez?
- Day Trading: Online trading has become a big industry by combining convenience with the stock market. But stock trading can be really tricky. Not for Ricky, though!
- Reselling for Profit: Watch Ricky buy and resell cars and motorbikes for a hefty margin. You may be selling something entirely different, but the principles remain the same.
- His Story: The story of a millionaire is inspiring to say the least. Follow Ricky’s daily vlog to learn how he became a millionaire and what he does now to stay a millionaire.
One Sentence: No need for a sentence, one word will suffice – Inspiring.
Artificial Intelligence without code and data-driven growth hacking – sound interesting? Good! Subscribe to Growth Tribe’s YouTube channel right now.
Growth Tribe is the first Growth Hacking Academy in Europe and they are launching courses that the world has not even seen yet. Very cool!
What can you learn from Growth Tribe’s YouTube channel?
- Growth Insights: From growth hacking tools to actionable insights that will help you grow your business Growth Tribe has it all. The best part? It’s free!
- A.I. for Businesses: Are you still worried about Skynet and the robot uprising? Stop watching science fiction and start using A.I. to give your business a serious boost using automation techniques. You do not need to be a coder either.
- Website Reviews: Are you unsure whether or not your website is up to par in terms of usability? Watch the Website First Date series to understand how to grade your website’s user experience and how to improve it.
One Sentence: The future of business in a distilled format is what you get from Growth Tribe.
Time to Sign Off!
All right, we did a LOT of talking about the best of the best in marketing. You probably want us to shut up now so that you can watch these experts at work.
Which of these channels did you find most helpful? Did we miss any of your favorites? Let us know in the comments below.
Also, be sure to subscribe to our own channel on social selling to get actionable tips on how to sell more on social media. If you liked this blog, show us some love and share it on social media. Until next time!